Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Yet another May celebration!

Greetings and Salutations to my faithful reader(s) HA!

You may recall, I mentioned that May is the Month of Celebrations! Today is yet another day for me to celebrate.

Thirty one years ago today, a teenage me married my husband.


Thirty one years is a long time, at least on paper. I don't feel like I've been married that long but there's four wonderful children that came from this marriage and our first grandbaby is on it's way. So exciting, we're thrilled and can't wait!

Can it be that these words were uttered so long ago? Do the young adults that take these vows understand exactly what they are saying?

I take you to be my wedded spouse,
to have and to hold from this day forward,
for better or for worse,
for richer, for poorer,
in sickness and in health,
to love and to cherish;
from this day forward until death do us part.

Probably not. Many are just caught up in the moment, the day, the celebration to come.

It's been a tough road since my hubby's injury and I have had the opportunity to fully live the half of the vows that everyone hopes never happens... worse, poorer, sickness.

Lost on that July day back in 1991, were the dreams of a young couple raising four young children and found were those life lessons of what really matters. Roles were reversed and this stay-at-home mom became the breadwinner (I use that term L-O-O-S-E-L-Y) while the breadwinner was forced to stop working and eventually became 'Mr. Mom' (again, I use that term L-O-O-S-E-L-Y). Our world was turned upside down...

and still, we are here to celebrate our 31st Anniversary today with Love, Honor and Respect.

Happy 31st Honey!

3 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary!

    May your life be filled with joy and happiness, and may all your heart's desires be realized.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful sentiment, thank you.

    Still one more celebration to go this month... hmmmm whatever could that be?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Subtlety isn't your forte.
    LOL

    I have to attend a wedding on the 27th and will probably get home very late. Just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete

And your thoughts????