Friday, May 14, 2010

Culture and the Arts


I love to surround myself with a variety of activities and tonight I am excited for a night of entertainment at the Kimmel Center. Peter Nero (a Brooklyn native) and the Philly Pops will be performing along with Maureen McGovern as she sings songs from the 60's and 70's.


Not only am I looking forward to the show itself at a venue I've not been to before in the city, I am getting another opportunity to engage in another activity I enjoy and cherish, namely spending time with my mom.


I don't see spending time with my mom as a chore. Au contraire mon amis, I absolutely L-O-V-E spending time with my mom whether it's shopping, sitting in the breakfast nook drinking wine, visiting with family & friends, taking a leisurely drive on a nice day or heading up to the Big Apple for a Broadway show, my mom is the best!

Culture and the Arts are a wonderful thing to share with our parents (and with our children. It's nice to be able to pass along Culture and the Arts to a new generation to grow to learn and appreciate.)


Maestro, we're on our way, entertain us!

Here's a pix. Wanted to upload something for MK, couldn't do it here. Check out my page for your surprise!


I guess I didn't have enough patience OR it was too large to upload...that reminds me of a friend's post - something about patience and sex!


5 comments:

  1. The Morning After [Song from "The Poseidon Adventure"] is one of my all time favorites.
    Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Then I shall listen intently to Maureen as she sings it and think of how happy you'd be listening live to it...my ears are yours for that song tonight!
    Will report on how good it was!
    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much, that was so thoughtful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Regardless of what you hear about me, I can be thoughtful, kind, considerate and charming at times! LOL...YVW glad you enjoyed.

    ReplyDelete

And your thoughts????