Thursday, May 6, 2010

Phew - One down more to go

Well I made it through the first interview. I think it went well but there remains a gap between the wish list and what I bring, namely the category - Healthcare. I lack the experience in the industry, however, I believe I can learn that industry and transfer my skills to be successful. I tried to wow 'em with my intelligence with quantifiable proof of graduation at the top of my class from undergraduate studies... a testiment to my work ethic and how I roll. Let's see if it's enough to bridge that gap and give me the opportunity to leap into the roll and tackle the challenge.

Now that I think of it, I have a world of knowledge and experience in Healthcare but as a patient or the family member of a patient. Different perspective altogether when you are the 'consumer' of the 'product' than when you are trying to be a supplier of the product. There's tons of changes that could be made from the consumer side of the business.

Next round is this afternoon after, if I may add, a marathon two hour meeting just as one starts their 3 o'clock yawns....the challenge here is to remain on target & upbeat and not to give into the yawns...wish me luck!


Why is it that my face feels hot and my hands are cold?


STATUS UPDATE

2nd interview of the day completed. Can't really say how it went but know HC experience was expressed again with the caveat, that it may be more important in sales v. category management.


Either way, other things will take precedence of hiring for this position until at least the week of the 24th. So it will be a wait and see for a bit.


Onward and upward. Stay tuned.

2 comments:

  1. Best of luck on the interview, I'm sure you will impress them.

    My $0.02 - I wouldn't stress the "patient" experience. The patient is looking to improve health care, the health care provider is looking to improve the bottom line. They see patients as the problem, not the solution.

    One more thing if I may - while I'm sure your "leap into the roll" would be very enjoyable, I don't think it would be suitable for the work place. ;-)

    Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoops, role...I meant role....gotta get that sex outta my mind! Let's see if readership increases...see you've been weaving it into yours ;)

    ReplyDelete

And your thoughts????