Wednesday, August 11, 2010

There's always your first time....

Last night it was one of those 'typical' nights as 
a group of us decided to 

"Take me out to the ball game, take me out with the crowd..."

My cousin got to throw the first pitch of the game to the Phillie Phanatic!
How exciting is that?  
We thought it was...however...  
  • due to work location,  
  • WW stop for weigh in,  
  • [found a pound, darn :-( ] 
  • trip home to change clothes,  
  • stop to pick up my passengers, 
  • traffic down near the ball park, 
  • attempt at finding a parking space 
  • walk through parking lot to get to ball park,
    WE MISSED THE FIRST PITCH! Yikes!
    (Luckily, one person in our group did see it and got pix to boot!)

    It was another very HOT, HUMID night at the ball park and 
    our seats were ALL THE WAY UP AT THE TOP, LAST ROW!
    Although there was a 'Summer Breeze' all the way at the top....
    it did not help to avoid a bit of heat stroke.

    "Buy me some peanuts and crackerjacks..."

    In the middle of a conversation, I began to feel ill.
    I knew Dan's lips were moving but I could not hear anything.
    I sat down & my daughter asked, "You okay?"
    She's a nurse.  She called over my cousin who's also a nurse.

    "I don't care if I ever get back..."

    Long story short, they called Medics,
    who climbed ALL THE WAY TO THE TOP, TO THE LAST ROW
    and brought me down to the First Aid Station.

    I got to ride in a wheel chair

    get an IV inserted (for fluid loss)

    AND an EKG hook up!


    "It's just root, root, root for the home team..."

    All this in the AIR CONDITIONED First Aid Station.
    I have never been the patient in those circumstances before 
    but like I said, there's always your first time.


    "If they don't win it's a shame..."

    Oh, and the Phils lost to LA...think it was 15 - 7...
    Oh, and did I tell you how excited we were that my cousin
    was throwing out the first pitch to the Phillie Phanatic?


    "For it's ONE, TWO, THREE STRIKES YOU'RE OUT! 
    at the old ball game."

    Typical fun night out!

    2 comments:

    1. Oh my! I hope you're OK now.
      This heat/humidity can be deceptive, you need to drink a lot of water.
      If this is your idea of a fun night, don't ask me to join you. lol

      Take care of yourself.

      ReplyDelete
    2. Thanks... was a bit freakish but I am okay now. Why should my night have been JUST a ball game at the ball park? Gotta add some drama and laugh about it when all's said and done...typical ;)

      ReplyDelete

    And your thoughts????