Sunday, August 22, 2010

eat pray love & trattoria guiseppe's

Went to see the new Julia Roberts movie, eat, pray love
as part of my 'Get Out Of Jail FREE' weekend.


I have always enjoyed Julia Roberts' movies.  This movie,
however, was a refreshing change for her.  You see, she wasn't
totally written as another 'Pretty Woman' character (I loved that
movie but sometimes you can get type-cast and alot of her
successive moves tended to do that to her.)  In eat, pray, love,
Julia's character is a seasoned woman who still does not feel
her life has been fulfilled.  She pulls this off perfectly.

When I go to the movies, I believe a movie is great when
it can take me away to where they are and I can forget
about the present.  This movie was able to suck me in and make
me believe I was in Italy, India & Bali along with the character.
 
At one point, I really wished I was in Italy the food was so delish
looking on screen, I wanted to be next the characters eating
Proscuitto and Melon.


Following the movie, we went out to eat at one of my favorite
restaurants, Trattoria Guiseppe.  I am never disappointed with
my meal and this visit was no different.

For an appy, there was Proscuitto a Melon BUT I did not order
any ONLY because I ordered the most amazing chicken gorgonzola
and it came with mashed pototoes & green beans almondine - oh so
YUMMY!


As well, we wanted to split an order of tortellini in a blush sauce so I
skipped the appy altogether... but next time, yes, next time.

My second day was spent heading out to church to thank God
for all he's given me which was followed by a lazy day vegging in
my bed watching tv and cyberspacing.


All-in-all, I pretty good weekend.  Now it's back to the old
bump n' grind tomorrow!

P.S. (Soundtrack of eat, pray, love was awesome... may even buy it
if I can find it.)


2 comments:

  1. Sounds wonderful..the whole week-end, not just the movie. Glad you had a good time and I think I may just have to see it - I need to take an "armchair vacation-er"

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a long movie (and I did make note of that when she left Italy realizing that we still had India & Bali) but I enjoyed it.
    I'd like to try getting cake-faced one day, now that sounds like fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

And your thoughts????