Thursday, August 26, 2010

Be careful what you wish for...


I've been around the block a few times and I'm no spring chicken.  I've learned that you have to be careful what you wish for because sometimes you do get it but not exactly the way you had hoped.

So, this all comes about because I recently have found myself thinking, "Gosh, I would sure like to have the place to myself, even for just a few hours...to be alone, in silence with no one to ask me for something, ask me to do something, ask me if I wanted something.... peace and quiet."  Ahhhh, that would be heaven.


Now I know better to really, really want that because some day I may wake up and find myself a very lonely old lady who gets no visitors and no one to love me and that would suck big time.  Afterall, I consider myself a 'people' person.  I usually love to be surrounded by family and friends but boy oh boy, I don't get a break.


Tonight as we ate dinner, I had a conversation with my mother about this, saying it out loud yet deep down not meaning this is how I want to live forever, just for a little bit.  My mother, for whom I have the utmost respect, after listening to me said, "You are a mircle woman.  I don't know how you do it everyday but you do.  I certainly did not have to deal with all that you have and I can fully understand the need to be alone for a bit.  Don't regret feeling this way, it's a way for you to release all that bombards you daily."



Wow, I was kinda caught off guard.  A miricle woman?  Geez, I've been called Wonder Woman before and thought that was pretty good, but never a miricle woman. 



So as I finally am able to sit and express myself in this cathartic blog and hear the crickets outside I am thinking... a miricle woman, how the heck am I to live up to that?  Oh, and I really don't want to be alone forever, just for a short spell so I can hear the crickets at night and the birds sing in the morning.



Now for another wish....Lord, please tell me the #'s to Saturday's Powerball so I can buy a place big enough to find some alone time.  There I go again.

4 comments:

  1. Hmmm..if you buy a ticket, but one for me. I'd like to be alone sometimes, too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Colleen - you bet...no pun intended!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You really are a "people person", and I can understand why you would be upset at the tought of being alone. I on the other hand am a natural hermit. lol
    I will buy an occasional lottery ticket, but then I think to myself, Do I really want to become a selfish, snobby, pompous, rich guy? and constantly worry about who's trying to steal my money? Not worth it.
    It's like when I owned an old Chevy, I never worried about where I parked it, if it got a dent, so what? Who would steal this old clunker?
    When it eventually went to the great parking lot in the sky and I had to buy a new one, I was always checking it scratches, cleaning every spec, etc.
    Anyway Wonder Woman, I wouldn't worry too much about being alone, you'll always have your family, kids, grand kids, and the occasional bf. LOL
    P.S.
    When you hit the Powerball, be sure to let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow MK, you flatter me!
    I know I will most likely never be alone due to my strong feelings of being surrounded by family and friends. I cherish those times too much to have them stop however, I also cherish times to sit and enjoy the peace and quiet...something which I don't get the opportunity to enjoy too often. It's just been a long time since I've had a few peaceful moments alone and I don't see the chance for it in the near future with the ever expanding family! LOL, my excitement grows.
    Oh you'll know when I hit the PB. I plan to take care of family & friends and do a few more good deeds.
    Did I ever tell you what I wanted to be when I grow up? Maybe that's a topic for another blog entry. HA!

    ReplyDelete

And your thoughts????