Monday, August 2, 2010

Afternoon Delight...

Over the weekend I had a chance to unexpectedly catch some afternoon delight.  Nothing better than surprises and surprises that delight are wonderful!

Oh silly, not that kind of afternoon delight...although that kind is also a favorite of mine *blushing*.


I had planned on clearing out the extra bedroom, something I've procrastinated about for quite some time.  I had actually just awakened my son to get out of bed and prepare to help me clear the room and the phone rang.



It was my s-i-l calling to see if I wanted to join her and the boys for a visit to Longwood Gardens.  (For those of you who are not familiar with this Southeastern Pennsylvania gem, Longwood Gardens was once the summer home of Pierre S. DuPont, of the renown DuPont family, and is over 100 acres of gardens.)


I was in quite a conundrum... to clean or play...hmmm...let me think about this...ok, let's play!  Boy oh boy am I glad I said yes.


Picture perfect weather and off we go!

I've been to Longwood several times but usually at Christmas when the Conservatory is all decked out with Poinsettia and Christmas trees lit up in assorted colors.  Needless to say, at that time of year, it's quite cold and once you enter into the garden area, you make a bee line to the  Conservatory 'cause it's freezing...brrrr....brrrrr.....brrrrr.

This visit, however, was the first summer visit I (we) ever made so instead of making our usualy bee line to the Conservatory, we ventured off to the right and down a garden path...OH MY, the flowers were in bloom and the Longwood Gardens' B&B (Bees & Butterflies) were awaiting our arrival.

Serene, splendid, spectacular...I thoroughly enjoyed my afternoon delight! Feel free to scroll down and enjoy a glimpse or few... I could have watched the Bees & Butterflies for hours.







Already planning to go back and visit in the fall when the trees will be in their autumnal glory!

No comments:

Post a Comment

And your thoughts????