Saturday, August 14, 2010

Give me a break...

and I will come back refreshed.

Had a few days vacation down the Jersey shore doing what I love best...

spending time with family.
  • Did some beach time ~ Got sunburnt, as is par for the course with my fair skin even with sun block.
  •  
  • Did some shopping ~ didn't buy a thing and that makes hubby happy!
  • Did some dining ~ with my two youngest kids.
  • Did some toe, ankle, calf, knee, thigh dipping ~ with my three youngest kids (yes, even the pregnant one who, may I add times have changed, went to the beach in her 'Daisy Duke' bikini she wore last year and looked absolutely beautiful in her 36th week baby bump!
  •  

  • Did a little Ghost Tour at night....ooooOOOooohhhhhhhHHHHHHhhhh
  •  
  • Did some boating and para-sailing ~ first time doing so and L-O-V-E-D it... so much fun.  Makes my desire to parachute from an airplane that much stronger. One of the things on my bucket list.
  •  
  • Spent final, beautiful night with a sky filled with stars, much more brilliant at the shore than at home.

Arrived safe and sound back home, only to run out and pay bills (and shop some more!)

Ah, one more day to enjoy before heading back to work on Monday... I needed this break and enjoyed it even more.

3 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you had a nice time.
    I'd love to try para-sailing, perhaps next year we'll take vacation at the shore instead of the mountains.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds wonderful! Hey, if I get to Jersey in the spring - let's get together and "do" lunch!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. MK, I am sure the family would love it but you'll have to super glue the yarmulkas or take them off as it's a bit windy yet tranquil at the same time. Keep me posted.

    Colleen, It was a grand couple of days. Did some things that we've not done before and enjoyed them. It's def a date if you are in the area in the spring...sharing meals is one of the nicest things 'friends' can do. I'd love to meet you in person some day. Keep me posted.

    ReplyDelete

And your thoughts????