Monday, February 21, 2011

Weekend wonders....

Had the great fortune to head to the
Please Touch Museum, or as Aunt Barb
refers to it as the Please Touch Me Museum!
HAHAHAHAHA, ROFLMAO, LOL

Oops, I digressed...
with the boys on Saturday.  What a 
great venue!  Now located in Memorial Hall
in Fairmount Park, there's tons of space for 
the kiddies to run around and touch all things
imaginable (except me).

Can't wait to bring my own little one there
when he gets of age...so much to see, do and
touch!

An Alice in Wonderland exhibit, complete with a grass hedge maze!


A garage with a car to fix as well as a real 
Scion to pump up with gas.  Boys love this section.


Our own Statue of Liberty arm & flame 
made from all sorts of scrap!


 A water park where the kids can move water, make waves, 
take boats in levies and splash up a storm!


 A carousel ride with beautiful horses, cats, frogs, 
lions and tigers but no bears to ride!


Check out the cherub you have watching over you 
as you go round and round.


And one of the beautiful scenes depicted on the interior walls of the carousel.


Plenty of action things for you to pedal
 and make the wheels above spin....


or become a gerbil and run your little 
feet off in a gerbil wheel!



An outer space room where the kids can build foam rockets 
and launch them off with pressurized gas 


and watch them ZOOOM 
off into the planets....
(or your head if you don't watch out!)
  

Best to keep your eyes on the kids launching rockets
and stop looking up at the planets!


We had a F-U-N day!

5 comments:

  1. Oh wow! What an awesome museum! I would love to go there too and touch the Alice in Wonderland book. How cool!
    -marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. That part of the entire museum was my favorite, but then again, I am an Alice in Wonderland fan. One NYC trip saw me drag two friends all the way from Madison Square Garden to the Alice in Wonderland sculpture in Central Park just so I could get a picture sitting on it next to the Mad Hatter! We walked all the way to and from!

    Did eventually get a pix but there were tons of kids climbing up on it so they're in the pic too. It's one of my all time favorite pictures of me!

    The book is so big and those characters 'jump' off the page (they're raised). You walk through the other half of the open faced book...that's how big it is...you'd LOVE it too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great outing. I, I mean my kids, love these kinds of places. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm...me thinks MK is the Cheshire Cat in disguise. The PTM is one of many such places, things and peeps I love to see. You should bring the little one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh to be a kid again..wait.... I can be! Would love to try that gerbil wheel! Glad you all had a great time..

    ReplyDelete

And your thoughts????