Monday, July 26, 2010

We're B-A-N-A-N-A-S for Dylan!

We're absolutely bananas over Dylan and he's not even arrived yet!
My daughter's baby shower went off EXACTLY as planned regardless of which plan I needed to go to, LOL.

She arrived at the restaurant a little ahead of schedule and no one was on the look out so she walked towards the noise and stood there waving until someone noticed her and said, "Oh look, she's here." To which everyone responded, "Surprise!"

She knew it would be this weekend but had no idea exactly when since 'seeds' had been planted for different happenings for the weekend.  Luckily, this was the first happening of the weekend and she was told all others were not real!

We had four hours reserved but were finished in 3 hours and 15 minutes, amazing considering the amount of presents that were there to open.  I enlisted the help of her two neices to bring presents to their Aunt and my nephew to be the 'present taker' and get it outta the way as soon as she was finished looking at each present.

Feedback has been very good from guests so I guess I succeeded in pulling off the affair.  I took Sunday off and lounged around recouperating from all my planning and organizing.

And now, we await the little monkey's arrival.  Can't wait to swing with him in my arms!  September can't come soon enough.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats Nana!, All that hard work paid off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. TY MK, yes it did but boy was I tired ;)

    ReplyDelete

And your thoughts????