Friday, July 2, 2010

Rockin' in the Cradle of Liberty! Happy 4th of July All

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY TO ALL!


Growing up in the shadows of the Cradle of Liberty, one can take for granted exactly what happened here in 1776.


Our forefathers met and signed the Declaration of Independence, a document that contains one of the most known phrases in the world,


"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that ALL MEN ARE CREATED EQUAL, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are LIFE, LIBERTY AND THE PURSUIT OF HAPPINESS."

Liberty - the philosophy that ascertains that individuals have the right to behave according to one's own responsibility and free will.

There's monuments that celebrate liberty; i.e. the Libery Bell and the Statue of Liberty.
As we grill, lounge and celebrate this 4th of July holiday weekend, let us not forget the battles fought by our forefathers to provide us this liberty some 234 years ago.

God Bless You and God Bless America!
Have a safe and Happy 4th!

5 comments:

  1. Amen.
    :-)

    Enjoy the holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Thanks for stopping by ...and Good Luck with WW - I've lost 65 lbs so far :-) I have a gREaT leader and I "play" with recipes and Zumba..Maybe we can be WW buddies - I go on Thursday nights..and you?

    Anyway, I will enjoy getting ot knwo you better..oh and PS- I always get tiffed when Mr. B tells me "good luck" on WW nights - I told him it's not "luck"..it's hard word & dilligence!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hummmm, well in that case Ming, I take back my good luck wish. Now go to work! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Coleen,

    Thanks for the WW wishes and stopping by my humble blog.
    I had success with WW in the past but all those lost pounds were found and I want them to go away for good. Yes it is hard work but really this is the ONLY time I want to feel like a loser! LOL
    MK, I will accept any encouragement offered so the good luck was okay with me. I have started the work and soon hope to reap the rewards!

    ReplyDelete

And your thoughts????