Thursday, July 22, 2010

Gotta Love the USPS

Ahhhh, the USPS Priority Mail Service, you just gotta love it.


In addition to making my very own personalized confections for the baby shower, I purchased chocolate monkey taffies from a seller on Etsy. Concerned about shipping them was raised, especially with the heat waves we've had this summer....eeehhhh gash it's been hot...(see post Hot, Hot, Hot).

The seller assured me that she'd be able to pack them so they'd arrive safe and sound. I ordered 75 of them at a pretty penny each. They were shipped USPS Priority Mail and tracking numbers provided and well as 'signature required' so they would not sit in the heat.


Lo and behold, the precious cargo with 'Perishable' written on three sides arrived...




Needless to say, just about 20 of them were able to be salvaged. I had to negotiate with the seller to refund me some money and I am in a pickle (no not Kosher pickle) to find something to replace them for my guests....



Ah, the best laid plans can get tossed around by the gorillas at the USPS Priority Mail facilities and make one utilize Plan C, or was that D? Hmmmm, either way, Saturday will come and go whether my Plan A, Plan B, Plan C or Plan D has to be used.


Que sera, sera!

5 comments:

  1. What's a "chocolate monkey taffies"?
    You're really going all out with this shower, I didn't realize what an event this is.

    I've always thought of it as a "chicken party".
    hehe

    Good luck, I'm sure it will be perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I'm sure it will be perfect because however it turns out, it will be EXACTLY how I planned it! LOL
    They are chocolate monkeys on taffy sticks. Really cute, three designs...unfortunately, I won't have one for everyone so I just made extra chocolate covered oreos.... that was my 'job' for the day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, gotta ask...did you eat the 20??!! LOL - I do so love your attitude..most of us would be pulling our hair out..chocolate covered Oreos? YUM-OOOHH!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed reading your blog.. It sounds like it will be a wonderful shower! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Colleen,
    Hard as it may be to believe, no, I did not eat a single one. (Tried to save as many as I could and they will now be placed around the cake for 'first come/first served'. My other daughter got 'baby bananas' (so cute) that will also be placed around the cake.
    If you can eat 'em, decorate with 'em! LOL
    Like I said earlier, good thing I am flexible right? I did take a small bite of a chocolate covered oreo though and it was so delicious and *YUM-OOOHHHH* is perfect descriptor!

    Wendy,
    Thanks for stopping by and reading the blog. This thing called life sure does give me plenty of things to write about and some folks are entertained by them. HA!
    Be sure to stop back next week because I am sure I will have something to post about it! Heck, I am trying to make it a surprise and that alone is fodder for a few great stories!

    ReplyDelete

And your thoughts????