Saturday, July 17, 2010

Remaining Flexible is the Key...

Well, it sure is good that I am flexible.



Just when I thought I had all my ducks in a row and did all that planning...



my beautiful, pregnant daughter decides to stop and spend the day with me and got things




Initially she said she'd be here around 2:30pm, so I figured I could make the Chocolate Covered Oreos in the morning. I got the first batch in the fridge and just took out the second batch's freshly melted chocolate from the microwave when the phone rings.

Hi Mom, just dropped hubby off at train station so he can get to NYC and instead of heading home, I figured I just come to your house....

OH NO, what am I to do with all these molds, melted chocolate, chilling in the fridge chocolate covered oreos and all the other stuff I just layed out?????

EAT THEM OF COURSE!

No, just kidding (Again). I had to scramble to 'hide' all this stuff.




And as luck would have it, she spent the entire day until 9pm with me....

so it's a good thing I am flexible because I only have 10 cookies made and 90 more to go.

3 comments:

  1. Eeegad! That photo just HURTS! Yikes! The cookies sound wonderful and she'll be soo happy - a boy! How wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, like you when I first heard about these I figured they were tooth cavity finders but when I finally got the nerve to actually taste one (and I've only tasted one so far), they are D-E-L-I-S-H and oh so YUMMY!
    Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH NO, I just realized it was the 'flexibility' image you were probably refering to with the HURTS... HAHAHAHA on me!

    ReplyDelete

And your thoughts????