Friday, July 16, 2010

It's All in the Details...Plan, Plan and Plan some more!

I am planning a baby shower for my daughter next weekend. It's for my first grandchild, a boy! I truly love to plan these things, especially when I have the time and space.


I created, ordered, mailed out invitations to guests with an RSVP request. I am having it at a restaurant so I don't have to clean the house, worry about the weather and overburden my central air.

Is it just me or if someone places RSVP it means 'REPLY PLEASE'? Not regrets only but REPLY either way. I have just had to send out two separate mass emails 'Reminding' the guests to let me know as the restaurant needs a head count tomorrow.

Invite list had 78 guests and over half of them needed 'Reminding'... eee gash, this drives me nuts! I do all this planning and half the folks lack the courtesy to let me know if they will be there.

I guess this act of 'Reminding' touched a sore spot with me. You see, when my daughter got married and we needed to provide a count to the caterer, I had to contact about 25 of the guests who received invitations WITH reply cards to see if they were planning on attending... what's up with folks today?

This weekend will be spent trying to finish up on details but the good news/bad news is my daughter is nosey AND she likes to stop over at the house so I've already been informed she will be by tomorrow for a visit....guess I will have to burn the midnight oil making the chocolate covered oreos and hide them somewhere before she arrives. ;)


OR MAYBE I WILL JUST EAT THEM ALL! NOT, JUST KIDDING!



2 comments:

  1. It is hard..I can;t imagine why..I mean, we just want to make sure there's enough food without having to eat those left-overs for months?? Yeah, what happened to courtesy? Hopefully this upcoming generation will be better...

    ReplyDelete
  2. From your lips to God's ears.... ;)

    ReplyDelete

And your thoughts????