Wednesday, July 14, 2010

LOSS

Just the word LOSS itself conjurs up negative feelings, emotions and thoughts. :-(



There's all types of LOSS; actual loss, casualty loss, direct loss, indirect loss and total loss to name a few.



Sometimes LOSS is defined as:


  • The state of being deprived; the loss of a friend.

  • Death; to mourn the loss of a pet.

  • The accidental or inadvertent losing of something dropped, misplaced, stolen; to discover the loss of a necklace.

  • The failure to make good use of something, as time; waste.

Sometimes, LOSS can be a good thing too. :-)

Last night, my weight loss continued with an additional pound off my bones. YAY! Was hoping for more but I'll take the loss and be happy! It was in the right direction.




See this LOSS is considered a good LOSS, however, most times LOSS is not considered something positive.


An example of this would be, "Last night, not only did I have a weight loss of an additional pound, I suffered the loss of something beloved."

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on your weight loss, keep up to good work, I know it's difficult.

    Sorry for your other loss, though sometimes what seems like a bad thing can actually be a blessing. May you be blessed with much happiness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. TY MK. Support appreciated here's to less and less of me as I travel along my road to weight loss. *clink* (of imaginary champagne glasses)

    I may have overreacted my loss, however, it is still something of which is truly beloved.

    Tomorrow's another day and things will be brighter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One pound? Hey, that's like FOUR sticks of butter that is no longer hanging around..and it's something to be pround of - it;s like 3500 less calories you took in..or worked off..it's a gREaT loss! I am pround of you - it's never easy and YOU'RE DOING IT! Yay YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Coleen,
    Thank you for your encouragement. It's funny that you mention the 4 sticks of butter b/c that's exactly what the leader referenced with 1lb weight loss, for 5 lbs it was sugar and for 10 lbs it was potatoes. She said go to grocery store and pick up the items and hold it in two hands and realize this is how much I lost so far or this week... and be proud it's off of you!
    It's not easy but I am working on it a little bit at a time.

    ReplyDelete

And your thoughts????