Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Soooo.... lemme ask ya...

Did you do any shopping under the 
'New' Black Thursday for your holiday presents?


I mean really, come on.  

Why can't we save Thanksgiving 
for family and friends?


I was appalled at the retailers that
were open on this holiday and 
saddened by those that opened at 9PM 
on Thanksgiving evening.


As a matter of fact, for someone whose
favorite past time is shopping, I didn't
go out to stores on Thursday, Friday or 
Saturday!  Sunday I went out mid-afternoon
to my favorite garden center, Waterloo Gardens,
just to get fresh air and peruse the gift shoppe.



I am honestly considering not taking my 
hard earned dollars to those retailers who
opened on Thanksgiving during the ENTIRE 
holiday shopping season!


So tell me, are you with me or are you one 
of those folks who went out to battle for the 
deals? 

4 comments:

  1. I wouldn't blame the retailers, they are only open if their customers demand it.
    "Black Friday" has expanded to "Black Weekend" because the retailers want the maximum return for this event. The people that spend the holiday shopping are fueling this expansion. Perhaps they don't have a nice turkey dinner waiting for them at Mom's house.
    I think in general Americans are losing touch with tradition, holidays, and family. (I blame Clinton, whose idea of "family values" was midnight basketball.)
    Sadly, Norman Rockwell's America is no more. Shame.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by MK... lemme guess which side you're on..... mine?????

    Yes, 'tis a sad fact that the American public are losing traditions, holidays and family times... the fabric whose fibers connect us all.

    I'll still get to do some shopping, but at other retailers of MY choice... even heading to NYC this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ming`` I'm with you. My money will go the stores who weren't open on Thanksgiving! That should be a time to spend with family.!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think we need OUR voices to be heard by these retailers.... not EVERYONE wants to shop on holidays...

    ReplyDelete

And your thoughts????