Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Talk about being stuck between a rock and a hard place...



How would you have liked to be me yesterday...
I wasn't truly stuck between a rock and a hard place,
but I was stuck between floors in the stairwell.

That's what happens when you leave your security
badge on your desk and decide to head downstairs
for a meeting without bringing it along.

OMG, it was terrible, such a knucklehead!
The blasted staircase was hot as haties too!

Today, I went back to the staircase and took a
few shots so you could understand better my plight!

This is what you see as you are about to exit the air conditioned area.


Then you are brougt into an 'Area of Refuge' with two doors.  Our handicapped associates get to sit here during a fire drill and await rescue.


Here's the 2nd door you go through to get to the stairwell. 
NOTE: the security scanner with the RED light.


This RED light means, no going back
without a security badge sweetheart!


Glaring at me in all it's RED glory!
The nerve!
Here's the landing that I perched myself on awaiting someone,
ANYONE to come through the doors of the 4th or 5th floor.


My view as I began feverishly
emailing colleagues for HELP!
I am stuck in the stairwell!


How did I get out?  Luckily I had my BB and began to
email everyone I could think of that was at their desks on
my floor (oh and the person who's office I was headed to)
to let them know I was stuck in the stairwell.

After about 10 minutes, finally someone came and opened
the door to let me back in to the air conditioned office space.

So much for trying to be 'healthy' and take the stairs... oh,
right, I just need to remember that security badge... but it's
tough to do when you wear a dress, nothing to latch it onto!

So how's your week?

3 comments:

  1. Oh my, sorry to hear you had so such a harrowing experience. For someone who has not experienced it personally, it may seem to be no big deal. I however am very adept at getting myself into trouble. I was once lost in a maze of stairwells in a hospital. I finally came to a door marked "Emergency Exit", "Do Not Open", "Alarm Will Sound". Being desperate I thought to myself "Ah, screw it." and opened the door which led out to the street. I quickly walked away from the exit, expecting loud sirens and police bullhorns ordering me to drop to my knees. Fortunately, nothing happened. Good for me, but what if it really had been an emergency? Oh well.
    But I digress.
    Glad all turned out OK for you Ming. I think you need to tell your boss that you need a few days off after this. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh Ming.. that sounds terrible. I think you need a few personal days off to deal with all the stress you suffered..:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, honestly it was no big deal. I was mad at myself for being such a knucklehead and being late for my meeting.

    I laughed about it and was more mortified than upset!

    I just keep on doing silly stuff... this is the luck I have, forget the luck of the Irish, if it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all.

    I thank you for your concern but I am okay...just could use a pizza and diet coke break! ;)

    ReplyDelete

And your thoughts????