Sunday, June 5, 2011

Nice timing...

Before all the sadness of last week was even in our minds, I had planned to take a mini vacation and head to the shore before the 'real' summer season (v. the 'official' summer season) began.

 

I am happy to report, the weather was beautiful, for the first week of June.  You would have thought it was mid-July.  The other nice point of getting away at this time is the fact that the shores are less crowded so you don't have to worry about parking and long lines.  The past few days offered us the best of all vacation worlds; great weather and no crowds!
 




I am sunburnt, even with 45spf sunscreen on.  

We had a great time spending time with family; four generations together for a few days.  Here's hoping happy memories have been made in the minds of the 3rd and 4th generations.  I know the first two generations enjoyed themselves.

Even had the chance to take mom down to Cape May to visit a childhood friend who now lives there full time.  It was so sweet to see these two friends together.

We'll be back in August for another visit.  And here's another picture of my two favorite under 5 year olds just playin' with each other.


I think I need a vacation from my vacation.  Looking forward to heading back to work tomorrow.  Thanks for stopping by and reading.

1 comment:

  1. What a great time it looks like you had, sorry about the sunburn though. I love spending time with family especially by the beach. :)
    Thank you for your sweet words about the loss of our Rodman, they certainly do find a way in our hearts an become family very quickly. I am so sorry about your Reggie, he sounds like a beautiful Shepherd. Hugs to you and thank you again. :)

    ReplyDelete

And your thoughts????