Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Sometimes you just have to do it.

Whether you want to or not,
sometimes you just have to do it.

Do it for yourself,
do it for others.

Take the time off from the rat
race and pressures from your
daily life.

I did just that today.

After sitting in the airport yesterday
for over 12 hours waiting for United
to cancel my flight, I had had enough!

When I awakened this morning,
I just couldn't do it... I simply
had no urge to head into the office so...

I took a mental health day.

Bright blue skies, perfect low 80's
temperature and no humidity!
Turned off the AC, opened windows!

Went for a walk to get some sun.
Listening to lawn mowers and the
smell of fresh cut grass.  Sounds of workers
putting on new roofs and the trolley's
horn as it warns rail workers it's coming.

Watching all the high school kids head to
school with backpacks and iPods in groups
and alone.  It was as if the Pied Piper were
calling them to come forth.

Oh, how I wish I could retire and enjoy
life's simplest things... but at least I got
to enjoy them today.

Sometimes you just HAVE to do it!

2 comments:

And your thoughts????