Saturday, July 23, 2011

Week 3 of my commitment is H-I-S-T-O-R-Y!!!

YAY!  My commitment to take one Yoga class a week


and walk once a week during the month of July is 3/4 complete.


We could commit to ANYTHING and I didn't want to commit to something I wouldn't be able to do so I started out with this 'small' commitment. 


Although 'small', this is not an easy challenge with never having taken Yoga and with the heat of July, especially this July but I do feel happy and content that I am on track to complete all 4 weeks successfully!






Great news is work provided the added incentive that anyone who made a commitment to better health habits during the month of July and tracked and met the commitment would walk/jog/run the 3.7 miles to a specialized footware fitness store and get a personlized evaluation on a new pair of fitness shoes for FREE!  Up to $110 a person!  How awesome is that?  How can you refuse such an offer?


On my way to a new pair of sneaks for walking thanks to employer!

5 comments:

  1. WOW!! good for you. I wish my employer would spring for a new pair of shoes.. NOT LIKELY.
    Take a pic of the new shoes when you get them.

    Have a great week.
    ~gail

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOPS.. When I first read your post the pics werent showing.. now they are.
    I can see the shoes now.. NICE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now, they aren't the ones.... I have no idea which ones I'll be 'matched' up to or choose to get yet. I just snagged a pair of walking sneakers... but I will take a picture of them when I get them and if you're lucky, I may even include my ankles, ooohhhh la la!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! You're an inspiration. I started something not so small, couldn't stick with it, and now I'm doing nothing.
    I'll try to think of something "small". Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks MK, I even exceed my commitment twice having walked two times in week one and again in week three.

    With the excessive heat over the weekend, I got up early and went for my walk on both Saturday AND Sunday, however, besides heading out to church on Sunday, I did little else outside of my house!

    All big things can be broken down into 'small' things. You just have to take that larger goal, break it down into 'smaller' goals and achieve each 'small' goal. It soon will be that the larger goal is met. Remember, my 3 P's... patience, persistance and perseverance!

    You can do it MK, you can succeed... you just need to start and believe you can.

    ReplyDelete

And your thoughts????