Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Our faithful companion, Reggie is back home with us.

The vet called and let us know that Reggie's remains were
ready to be picked up and brought home.

Hubby went over to retrieve our faithful companion of
14 years and bring him back home to be with us.

Here's a picture of his 'urn' or more appropriately,
his wooden memorial.



My heart aches each time I pick up the box. 
The tears come back just as if it were the
weekend we made that heart wrenching decision
to let him go and suffer no more.


I miss him so and would do anything to have
him here with us instead of his remains...
but that is the heart talking, feeling, thinking.
My brain tells me we did the right thing
for Reggie, our beloved dog.



Why are the tears running down my cheeks?
I should be happy he is free of his earthly
suffering but I am not.

Not sure exactly what will be done with Reggie now.
Hubby said when he goes, he wants Reg to be placed with him,
which breaks my heart (note, he did not say he wants ME with him).

Thanks to all my readers who have read through the
story of the best dog in the world and listened to me
as I use my blog as a cathartic means to ease my pain and grief.


Until we meet at the Rainbow Bridge,
R.I.P. sweet, gentle Reginald Esman
You were the B-E-S-T and loved so much.

5 comments:

  1. I'm reading "A Dog's Purpose" and the idea is that they never really die..the are re-assigned..puppies once more to teach..to love and to be a companion to another..you DID to the right thing..and God bless you for doing so..hugs and love from Utah..

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH I'm so sad to hear about your dog! :( We are so in love with our little dog and it's amazing to realize that they really become like a child to you!

    Thank you so much for leaving a comment to help with my blog issues! I really appreciate it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ming... I am crying with you as I read this... We have a new little cat, whom we love dearly, but oh... we all ache so badly for that wonderful generous and kindhearted spirit that filled out house so, our dear Harry, our very own German Shepherd. Our lives - your family and mine - are the better and richer for our dear canine loves. And when we are blessed to have a big dog for anything more than nine years (Harry just made that mark plus a month and 7 days) we have to say an added thank you!! Their dear bodies just don't go for much more than that. Your Reggie gave you everything he had - and then some. What a magnificent life!
    Many blessings!
    Ann

    ReplyDelete

And your thoughts????