Thursday, December 2, 2010

It's nice to catch up with old friends!


As my few regular readers know (said with great sarcasm), I am swamped at work with details surrounding my employer's National Sales Meeting.  Between non-stop meetings and conference calls, I have been putting in lots of extra time and working long hours.



Over the weekend, I was 'talking' with an old friend online (isn't that how we all do it today?).  We were discussing how long it's been since we've seen each other and we should make plans to meet up for dinner.  I said, let's plan it now,
pick a date and I'll pen you in on my calendar.

We chose December 1st.  Checked the calendar, it was opened and returned to my friend and said, "I've penned you in. It's a date!"

Needless to say, since I am so overwhelmed at work these days (it's to be expected, nothing new) it slipped my mind.  Good news is I penned in the dinner date on my home calendar and hubby saw and knew about it, so when my friend called my house yesterday to see if we were still on, he said she's got you on the calendar!

Long story short, I finally got a chance to talk to my friend and said I was planning on working late to get SOMETHNG done.  My friend said do you want to cancel?  I said, "No, let's get it over and done with. Hmmm, that didn't come out right did it.  I mean let's meet b/c if we postpone, we'll never get together so no, I want to meet up for dinner."

Can I tell you how much fun it was to meet up, share a meal and laugh our silly heads off?  It's the best medicine for this over-worked, exhausted working girl...
it's nice to catch up with old friends!
 

I highly recommend it, don't put it off, just do it...
you'll be all the happier for it.  Ciao!

2 comments:

  1. "Just do it."
    Now there's an idea...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really, you just do it b/c if you keep making plans but never 'ink' them in, it never happens and nothing is better than meeting up with friends, sharing stories, recalling and making memories and catching up all over a meal.
    I usually just say 'Nike' which in my lingo means 'Just do it."
    Thanks for stopping by MK.

    ReplyDelete

And your thoughts????