Thursday, October 14, 2010

It's that time of year...

...when the autumnal winds begin and the trees begin their spectacular show as only trees can, oh and the sales meeting's planning & creative meetings begin at work.


I like to keep moving and learning new things.  Not sure if it's the curiosity within me or just that I am a nosy person. =)  I don't like being bored so as long as I am busy, I am not bored. 


At work during this time of year, I am anything but bored.  Having a major role in my company's sales meeting's planning, I am lucky I can remember (or find time) to take a ladies' room break.


Yesterday was my 'kick off'' of creative meetings with some of the internal teams and external vendors.  I've scheduled these meetings on three days;  three full days of meetings.  Some folks come prepared as they are veterans of this process while others need to be coddled and led as they are what we call 'sales meeting virgins'.  It's hard work.

Somehow, with all this hard work and not being bored you'd think I'd be satisfied and happy since I like to keep moving.  Alas, this is truly not the case.  You see, my position is one that is full of busy time but I have been in this role so long (at least for me) that I am bored with doing it.  I don't believe I am growing and learning, it's just the same, constantly changing processes and fires that I put out.


I'd like a new role.  A role where I can learn something new, challenge myself and get that queezy feeling in my stomach (like butterflies) where you are unsure, scared, just a bit frightened to take that step and once you do, it's all behind you and it's all good.

 

I know it's all within me and on me to make that change but...

It's that time of year when the autumnal winds begin and the trees begin their spectacular show as only trees can, oh and the sales meeting's planning & creative meetings begin at work.


I love Autumn.  I love Spring.  Both are considered transitional seasons...perhaps I like them so much because they mesh with me and my personality...we're all transitional and constantly changing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

And your thoughts????