Thursday, October 28, 2010

HGTV.com made my day!

I can hardly believe it and am surprised and excited!

I love decorating (when I have the time) but am always interested in reading and looking at the latest trends. Some of the blogs I follow deal with decorating.  One of the blogs I follow is the Design Happens blog on HGTV.com (btw, HGTV IS MY FAVORITE channel to watch).

Last week, I entered their contest to receive a free iLean shelf on a whim.  Didn't think I'd win but did the required...'answer the question' anyway.

Well, I have been informed I am a winner of one of the iLean shelves!!!  Here's a picture so you can see what it looks like...
Available in maple, black or dark cherry, these shelves are compact and be be placed in anyroom.  I chose the black as pictured.

Now my dilemma, in which room shall I place it?  Decisions, decisions.... oh I am so excited... I am already merchadising it in my head.  I have an old typewriter similar to the one in the picture... I also have my dad's 35mm camera...oh and his violin... or maybe it's pictures of my new grandson....or maybe it's framed art of my kids when they were little along with art from my nephews.... or maybe it's...

See what I mean.... I have so many ideas...  thanks HGTV.com for making my day!

4 comments:

  1. Muchos gracias senor! any ideas on what I can display on the shelves? You ALWAYS have an opinion. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That old typewriter is of particular interest. My father used to repair them, so as a child I was always playing with them. I once took one apart, turned out to be a valuable vintage Royal that my father was going to restore for the Smithsonian. LOL
    My kids don't even know what a typewriter is. "Where's the 'Print' button"?
    I'm sure you'll do an excellent decorating job.
    Looking forward to pics when it's all done.

    Oh, one suggestion. I think a picture of me in Yankees uniform would look great next to the kids artwork. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. AHHHH! I'm screamin' here for you! YAYAYAYAH! Ilove it too. And we know it will have a good home with you...and yes, MY favorite TV is HGTV too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @MK - My typewriter is a green Underwood and is missing a two covers for the keys; the letter K and one of the Shift keys. Do you have any of the old parts still or can you get your hands on them? Feel like restoring it for me?

    I'd be happy to display that pic of you (AND TAKE A PIC) but you'll have to provide me the framed print. I am thinking... this framed print may be the "Pièce de résistance" needed for my vignette.

    @Colleen - I know, I am so excited that I actually won SOMETHING and from HGTV no less! Never in my wildest dreams...

    ReplyDelete

And your thoughts????