Sunday, September 29, 2013

I Feel As Though I Have Gone Back In Time...

To a place that existed long, long ago, yet is alive and well today.

I have the great fortune to be on vacation in Hawaii and instead of choosing the 'Big Island' and the touristy things, I took two weeks vacation and planned a relaxing vacation with the dear hubby.

And I could not be more happy with what awaited us when we arrived in Kauai, HI!

How's this for you?  When we landed we got leid!  What a great way to be greeted!  As some of you long time readers know, it's been years since I have been laid! LOL!  Just kidding with you but I couldn't resist the pun... yes, that's right, it was intended and yes, that's right, we did get leid at the airport!

Take a gander at the lamp that is part of the decor in our cottage...
(ahem, aforesaid leis lying next to lamp)



Love It!  How cool?  THIS is the Hawaii I Love!
Rather than babble on about how quaint, picturesque and simple Kauai is, I'm just going to let my pictures tell you the story so get prepared for 

A Day On The West End of Kauai
I present for your viewing pleasure... 
Waimea

Just as the sun was rising, a glimpse outside our living room showed the ocean just beyond the trees.
 A view towards the ocean from the main house.
 A view from the ocean towards the main house and mountains beyond.
 One of the many banyan trees on the property, gorgeous, simply gorgeous!
 And a close up of the trunks... how intricately they entwine amongst each other.

 Our simple, Hawaiian cottage.  Beautiful in it's simplicity.


 Been called the Grand Canyon of the West...
 And we could see why.
 The images don't do it justice, simply spectacular views all around!
 The sun set...
The stars!  What an awesome display of wonder up in the sky.
Heading up north tomorrow to see the tropical greenery


2 comments:

  1. Well congrats on getting leid, many more. ;)

    Wonderful pictures, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So great to see you off enjoying yourself! Sorry I've been MIA... so busy with "life." But I hope to be back for awhile now.
    Have a great trip!
    Blessings,
    Ann

    ReplyDelete

And your thoughts????