Monday, September 9, 2013

Empowering

I am sure there are plenty of others
who can relate to this.

Another 'new' boss that was formerly
a peer trying to make a mark for themselves.

Well, in 2013, my role has been severely diminished,
in my opinion.  You see, I have reported directly to the
Director of NA for over six years but as of Jan 1 of this year,
I had a layer of bureaucracy placed between us.
You see, we are 'global' so a Frenchman was made my direct boss.
And then in July, without and notice or announcement, my team
found out (due to mid-year reviews) that we would now have yet
ANOTHER layer of bureaucracy placed between us and the
now 'global' Director....

Well this 'new' boss is certainly trying to feel her oats and
micromanage.  Something that was unheard of from our former
boss, the Director.

Can I tell you that after six years of working with complete automony
how hard it is to adjust to someone who has never managed people
before and it micromanaging how frustrating it is?

I had a 'catch up' meeting late Friday afternoon that was the
last straw.  The camel's back has broken.  I am so disengaged.

So what control do I have?  I can control my reaction and actions.

So I made an empowering move over the weekend.

I updated the ole resume and applied for a job outside the company.

I really don't care if I hear from them, it just made me feel good to do it.
And I plan to empower myself and begin applying for roles outside of
my current company because I haven't seen anything inside that appeals
to me.

Wish me luck.  Have no idea how long it will take but at least I have
taken a first step to find something that will make me happy because
what I have now is a job, not a career but a job... and I am tired of it.

Happy Monday Mes Amies!

2 comments:

And your thoughts????