Saturday, January 21, 2012

25 Years Ago Today...

I lost my father to leukemia.
A week after we buried dad,
my youngest child was born.

I miss my dad, even after 25 years,
I still have tears and sadness
all these years later.

I often wonder if dad had lived
longer to see A, if he could have
been the father figure he needed
when hubby could not due to his
illness.

How might things have turned out
with him here?

But that's neither here nor there.
I still miss him, after 25 long years.
I guess I will always miss him.

He wasn't a saint while here on earth
but he wasn't a devil either.
He helped mold me into the person I
have become today.

He was always the 'go to' guy by everyone
to get things done.  I always liked to watch
him work and loved it when he asked me to
help.

I remember he let me up on our roof when he was doing
something up there.  I loved climbing the ladder, scared
as could be, but he was up there cheering me to keep
climbing.  When I reached the top, he was there to greet
me and help me stand up on the sloping roof.  Then we walked
up to the top where the roof leveled off and I could see the
park and all the other rooftops.  What an exciting time for me.

I also remember helping him fish electrical wiring through walls,
wallpapering the living room and hallway, planting a vegetable
garden, ...  there was truly nothing my father could not do.

My father's ability to do things was passed down to me.  I enjoy
doing those types of things.  I can see visions and I can plan ways
to make that vision a reality.

Heck, my kitchen is just another one of those visions coming through
to reality.

Dad, I don't know if you can 'see' me or 'hear' my thoughts, but if
you can, I miss you terribly, love you more today than yesterday
and pray that one day I will see you again where you are free of all
your earthly pains and happy.  Until we meet again, <3.

2 comments:

  1. OH my goodness.. what a kind and loving tribute to your father. I can feel the love you had for him in your words.
    Bless you Ming.
    Hugs
    gail

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment. I was just starting to understand how funny my dad was since I had three kids and found myself saying the same things he said to me when I was a child. As a child, I would take him literally or think I was doing something wrong but as an adult, it was quite humorous and I asked him how he said those things without laughing... he left us far too soon and I miss him dearly.

    ReplyDelete

And your thoughts????