Monday, May 23, 2011

What a good weekend all around...

Not only did I get a chance to have Dylan sleep overnight on Saturday night, we have reason to celebrate... he's crawling now... and boy oh boy is my daughter in for a surprise now that the little man is mobile!

It's actually amazing to watch as he progresses along... I am in heaven, it brings such joy to my heart to watch him learn and progress.


And Sunday saw me thoroughly enjoy one of my favorite activities... NO SILLY, NOT SHOPPING, I DO OTHER THINGS YA'KNOW! planting my flower garden.  Weather was cloudy, actually overcast with no sunny breaks but that is the PERFECT weather to be outside playing in the dirt planting... when it's a beautiful day, sun shining brightly, I find myself sweating even more than I did yesterday.

Here's a bit of the front... I am not finished yet, still have the baskets, driveway containers and back yard but I got the front garden planted.... enjoy!

Oh what a wonderful weekend I could enjoy in its entirety.  It's been a while since I've had the chance to be able to enjoy the entire weekend since I've been a little under the weather or at a hospital bedside... I feel very fortunate to be able to say, I started my work week out on such a positive feeling...


Now, here's to the work week not bringing me down and this wonderful weekend high carrying me to next weekend, which BTW will be a three day holiday weekend where I am taking my nephews (Joey the Confirmant and his little side kick, my Godson, Danny) to Six Flags for a day of F-U-N and I hope just a little S-U-N and no R-A-I-N!  I can feel the little kid in me already getting excited to go play for the day with the boys!


I hope you too had a good weekend and a good work week ahead to you!

3 comments:

  1. Love the garden, wish I had time to do something with my front lawn. Right now it's all I can do just to keep the grass trim.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dylan is just such a cutie pie! Hey, thanks for your honest comment about my new space's expansion. I will for sure consider adding some sheer fabric around. Your garden is looking really lovely.
    -Marie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks MK, working my garden is a favorite pastime, however, I like to work it once at the start of the season and have to do as little maintenance as possible the balance of the season. I love to sit back and enjoy the 'flowers' of my labor!

    Thanks Marie, I think Dylan is a cutie pie but then again, he's captured my heart. If I had the time, I'd have a garden just like yours... I simply love all of the outdoor vinettes, oh how I could just sit and relax at your place. I am sure you'll find much success with your new expanded shop.

    ReplyDelete

And your thoughts????