Monday, August 19, 2013

Rules Are Made...

...to be broken.

Hubby's surgery went well.  Luckily the catheter from the pump to the spinal column was not blocked so the swap out of the pump was relatively uneventful.  YAY!  Oh and get this, the manufacturer of the pump had two representatives there (as they usually are) who stated that THIS is the FIRST time this has happened (pump failing).  Really??? Are you kidding me?  THIS is our luck... why can't we have that one in a million luck with the lottery?  But I digress.

Now, let's get to the rules part.

Oh, come on, if you are a regular (or semi-regular) reader, you probably have already guessed who this is about already!  For those of you new to my rants, umm posts, it's gonna be about my son, the one who follows his own rules.

He called me on my cell this morning asking if I could get in touch with his father and have him drive him to his PO meeting at 5pm today.  Well Daddy couldn't help even if he wanted... aforesaid surgery incapacitated him today.

Told sonny boy to borrow money from someone for the trolley.

After dinner tonight there's a doorbell ring.  I go to the door, open it and who do you think is there?

My oh my dear readers, you ARE getting good at this game.... it's him!  Can I give him a ride to halfway house... umm, NO!  You're supposed to be on 'blackout'.  Instead of taking the trolley to the end of the line, he hopped off at the stop near our house and stopped by.

I thought you were supposed to call ahead and make arrangements before stopping by.  What is it about call before coming and make arrangements don't you understand?

Well, can I get some things that you didn't bring over to the halfway house?... What things?  Glasses and my pants that I asked for.  Oh, I couldn't find those pants so I gave you two other pairs, but No, you're supposed to be on blackout and how will you explain how you got the glasses and pants????  If I give them to you, I will pick up the phone and call the halfway house and let them know you stopped by here.

He says, "This is ridiculous!"  and I said, "You're right!  It is ridiculous!" and with that he grumbles and charges off walking a few steps towards the halfway house, then does a 180 and heads the other direction.  NOTE: same direction as the Wawa where he would go and meet his dealer.  But I am not worried because if he makes any mistakes, he's upstate for seven years... no questions asked.

Oh, dear Lord, why does he think rules are made to be broken?  Tough Love is tough on me.  Help me through this period, fill me with your grace.  Thanks for hearing me and listening Lord.  It is with you that all things are possible.  Let your will be done.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

And your thoughts????