Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Happy Birthday Dad... I miss you

Today would have been my Dad's
83rd Birthday had he not passed
away in 1987.

I miss him and wonder...
had he not died, would he have
helped me with my youngest?

My Dad was a Marine and was
very proud to have served the USA
in the Korean War.

He raised us with three squares.
Our first song we learned as children was
From the Halls of Montezuma
Followed by Silent Night.

I have both good and bad memories
of my Dad but mostly Great Ones.

He suffered with Leukemia his last
year of life.  He was buried the week
before my youngest was born.

I wonder... would things have
been different if this former Marine
lived long enough to meet my son.

Happy 83rd Dad!
I love you and miss you
and hope to see you again
one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

And your thoughts????