Monday, June 7, 2010

M-O-N-D-A-Y-S can get you down :(

Mondays are tough enough.

You have a great weekend and then realize, it's back to the old bump and grind of the work week.

This can be depressing.

Sometimes this feeling can be compounded.
  • It can be a rainy Monday morning that only makes you want to roll over and cover your head
  • It can be that such a fantastic weekend was had that you want it to continue but it won't
  • It can be you have something to do that's dutiful but if given your druthers, you'd choose something else

Lots of things can compound the depressed feeling one has on a Monday.

My week started off finding out I am out of consideration for another position within my company. I knew there was a gap that existed based on my conversation with the hiring manager. This gap was too much for me to overcome. I lacked the specific industry experience that he wanted. I knew this was going to be my downfall.



I can't help it. I feel deflated, depressed and defeated. Simply, I am bummed to the max. I really wanted this position. The challenge of it was exactly the injection of adrenaline I need.






What a way to start a work week that's tough enough already.



Oh well, the good news is that my week will certainly be ending on a higher note. At least I have that to look forward to. I leave on a long weekend cruise where I will have a drink (or ten) to shut the door on this chapter and open the door to a new chapter.

Can't say I am looking forward to the new chapter though because I know it will be hard work in this economy but I believe I need to begin my search for a new job outside of my current employer since I have not been able to find something within the company that I believe will challenge me and make me want to come to work on Mondays.

The saga continues....

3 comments:

  1. Sorry you didn't get the job, their loss, SOBs.

    But as you say, you'll recharge you batteries on that cruise and come back ready to take on the next challenge.
    I'm sure you'll do great. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry you are bummed and deflated :(

    It is so hard to rationalize that our jobs are not just what we want and need them to be right now. Just use your current position for what you can ... a place to still make money while you job search :)

    Have FUN on the cruise, and have 10 or so drinks for me!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for your words of encouragement...today is better than yesterday, tomorrow should be better than today!

    ReplyDelete

And your thoughts????