Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Still Haven't Seen Him

So my education of the state penal system remains at bay.  It's coming soon, of this I am sure... it will come.

I have been emailing him and he's been responding by writing letters and using snail mail, aka USPS. So the responses are delayed a wee bit.

Have not had a chance to speak live with him over the phone, with the exception of a '20 second FREE call' which cut me off in mid-sentence.  We basically said hi and he said he's not good...



Once cut off, a recording tells you that you can stay on and find out how you can begin to receive calls from your inmate... whoo hoo!



After about 20 minutes 'talking' and 'keying in' information oh, and giving my credit card #, I am registered to begin getting calls.  In the meantime, he tried to call me twice but I wasn't able to take his call b/c I wasn't going to hang up on the 'automated voice' that was registering me.  oh and while registering you get the option to hear what a typical 15 minute phone call would cost based on 'your inmate's' location.  



Of course! I'd like to know how much a call would cost so I can figure out how much is left.  The automated voice tells me how much based on the inmate's location... which was the first location he went to when starting his state sentencing... OMG, he's been transferred back to THAT facility as his 'home' prison?  THAT facility, where on his first night there a fellow inmate was stabbed in the shower and he decided NOT to take a shower???  OMG, is this what 'not so good' meant when he said it?



I am frantic with worry.... I can't talk to him, haven't seen him since court sentencing but no communication with him there... wtf????


Then it seemed like an eternity until I heard from him again.  A letter arrived... a sigh of relief was heard across the land... that is, until, I opened up the letter and saw the contents...


Stay tuned, more to come...


#IHateHeroin #WarOnDrugs #HeroinKills #HeroinKillsMoreThanTheAddict #HeroinRuinsLives #prisonlife #crimedoesntpay #crime #criminal #drugskill #heroinekills #ihateheroin #prison #statecorrectionalfacility #pastatecorrectionalfacility #ilovemyson #shithappens

1 comment:

  1. Worst Day Ever?
    by Chanie Gorkin

    Today was the absolute worst day ever
    And don't try to convince me that
    There's something good in every day
    Because, when you take a closer look,
    This world is a pretty evil place.
    Even if
    Some goodness does shine through once in a while
    Satisfaction and happiness don't last.
    And it's not true that
    It's all in the mind and heart
    Because
    True happiness can be attained
    Only if one's surroundings are good
    It's not true that good exists
    I'm sure you can agree that
    The reality
    Creates
    My attitude
    It's all beyond my control
    And you'll never in a million years hear me say
    Today was a very good day

    Now read it from bottom to top, the other way,
    And see what I really feel about my day.

    miss you too

    ReplyDelete

And your thoughts????