Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Another Life Lesson Begins Tomorrow... Hasn't Happened Just Yet :(

My son was moved before I could get to visit him at the first location.  He's now in a facility where they will assess and assign him to a home prison.

Luckily I got a letter telling me he was going to be moved.  So I didn't visit.

Here's his home since June 26th... lovely right?


I read a 3 part article about the inside of this facility that was written in April of this year.  There were many pictures and the reporter wrote about what type of assessments are done and what happens to inmates as they go through the system.

From the article, depending upon the assessment, they are usually assigned to their 'home' prison in 2 or 3 weeks....

As far as I know, he's still there.

I send emails to him, trying to provide positive thoughts for him to contemplate as well as the mundane events of my life outside his walls... so far, he's only handwritten me back.  Not sure if he will be able to email me or not.

So, I have learned more about the process, just not visitation at a State Correctional Institution... at least, not yet.

More to come as this journey is traveled...

#IHateHeroin #WarOnDrugs #HeroinKills #HeroinKillsMoreThanTheAddict #HeroinRuinsLives #prisonlife #crimedoesntpay #crime #criminal #drugskill #heroinekills #ihateheroin #prison #statecorrectionalfacility #pastatecorrectionalfacility #ilovemyson #shithappens

No comments:

Post a Comment

And your thoughts????