Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Heroin Kills Period

It's just about a week since my son rushed his girlfriend out of our home to the ER as she gasped for air every 10 seconds or so.

She's been on a ventilator and in a coma ever since.

It's so sad.

Guess I should start at the beginning, a very good place to start.  When you read you begin with A, B, C, when you sing you begin with Do, Re, Me...  oops... I digress.

Last Thursday morning around 2 AM I woke up.  Not sure exactly what it was that woke me up... I think it was some kind of noise, but I did get up out of bed and walk around to my bedroom door.  As I walked there, I noticed my son's bedroom door was opened and no light on... oh and the downstairs light was on too.  I figured he and his girlfriend must have been down in the living room watching TV... and it must have been loud... and THAT's what woke me up...

So I stood there for a minute to see if I could hear anything... and then I hear UD Police Department loudly said in a deep voice... so I walked to the top of the steps confused and once again,  in a loud deep voice... UD Police Department.  I walked to the landing and saw two police officers standing at the bottom of the steps saying UD Police.  Confused I said yes? What do you want? and they said Your son is at DC Memorial Hospital and gave us permission to search his room. Can you show us where his room is?

Still trying to wake up and make sense of what was going on, I said, Do I need to go to the hospital?  They said, 'No, your son is fine, it's his girlfriend and it doesn't look good.'  Doesn't look good??? what's that supposed to mean?  What happened? Do I need to go to the hospital?, still confused.

We knocked on the door, rang the doorbell and the door was opened so we came in.  Your son gave us permission to search his room, can you show us where it is?... sure, it's up here.

Long story short, my son woke up to his girlfriend gasping for air about every 10 seconds,  he picked her up and drove her to the ER... it's quicker than calling 911 for an ambulance... we're just about a mile away from the hospital.  When he arrived, he jumped out of the car to get a wheel chair and by the time he got back to the car, she had stopped breathing.  He went back into the ER and yelled she's not breathing now, help!

She was down for at least 15 minutes before they could resuscitate her.  Long time to be down...

What makes this even sadder is that she just got out of 40 days of rehab that morning... 40 days of clean and sober... 40 days... and she used... and overdosed... and will likely die.

I have to stop writing right now... more to come when I can continue....

#IHateHeroin #WarOnDrugs #HeroinKills #HeroinKillsMoreThanTheAddict #HeroinRuinsLives


No comments:

Post a Comment

And your thoughts????