Sunday, March 2, 2014

Heroin Takes Another Life

Another life has been lost to heroin and I am saddened.

As some regular readers know, all one or two of them, I have a son who's addicted to heroin for most of the last 10 - 12 years.  At this time, he's clean and sober and out of jail. Although he's in a good spot right now, I am always fearful of another relapse and losing him for good.  For that which I have no control, I have to learn to let it go and let God... but it's hard.  I do my best but it's very hard and taking a toll on me.


Anyway, that's not the point of my post today.  The point is that my son worked yesterday and when he came home, he had been crying and was upset.  Thinking that maybe on the trolley ride home, someone he knew saw him and may have said something to him about how his life has been and it may have upset him, I asked what's wrong?


A: Nothing.

M: Hey, come back, there's something obviously wrong.  Something has made you upset and crying.  What is it? Can I help?  Do you want to talk?
A: I'm just tired of my life and losing another friend. I can't take it.  Irene died today. I just want to be alone right now.
M: WHAT? What happened?  I am so sorry to hear this.
A: She relapsed and died.

So I let him go up to his room for the time he needed.


Irene had been A's friend since Kindergarden and he loved her as a dear friend.  Someone who understood him and did not judge him.  I've known her for years.  Irene would stop by to visit A.  Not only was she beautiful, she was so personable.  One could not help but like her.  Like A, she too had her battles with heroin.


Irene leaves behind a beautiful family that includes her beautiful mother, sisters and brothers and a darling daughter who's 3.


I hate heroin.  I hate heroin dealers. I hate that heroin ruins the lives of so many young, beautiful lives and their families.


Please keep Irene, her family and friends in your prayers and let's pray that this horrible drug and it's easy access becomes a thing of the past.


R.I.P. Irene
You are missed because you are loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

And your thoughts????