Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Misery

mis·er·y

  [miz-uh-ree]  Show IPA



noun, plural mis·er·ies.
1.
wretchedness of condition or circumstances.
2.
distress or suffering caused by need, privation, or poverty.
3.
great mental or emotional distress; extreme unhappiness.
4.
a cause or source of distress.
5.
Older Use.
a.
a pain: a misery in my left side.
c.
Often, miseries. a case or period of despondency or gloom.

No, not the Kathy Bates movie kind of misery, 
although that's what pops to mind. 

More like #3 above.
More like the kind that loves company.
I guess I am feeling a wee bit miserable
because I miss my company.

I have this relentless reminder
that just won't quit.

I wish it would.

The more it reminds me the
more misery I feel.

Tomorrow is another day,
hopefully it will bring another 
feeling, on a positive side.

Tomorrow is just a day away...
can I hold out until then?






No comments:

Post a Comment

And your thoughts????