Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Pug noses

Okay, I've been assured by a fairly reliable source that blogging can be therapeutic and cathartic...so here goes...let the purging begin!

Cool spring breezes blowing all those stupid pug noses all over. Every size imaginable. Wee ones, small ones, medium ones and big ones. There were little ones stuck in the cracks of my car when I came out of the office for my drive home. I got pummeled while driving down a tree lined street. Tap, tap, tap, tap TAP, TAP, TAP on the windshield and vista roof...they were falling all over, everywhere. Not a surface was spared. I guess Mother Nature really wants to get more trees and proliferate! Sometimes I wish I had her persistence and stamina, although I am close to her.



I remember as a kid playing with the pug noses... trying to catch them as they 'helicoptered' down to the ground... splitting the seeds in half and 'cloths pinning' them onto my own nose...looked like that character from the Yellow Submarine with the big nose, Max - the Blue Meany (at least in this child's mind I did.) Now that I think of it, Max reminds me of my fairly reliable source! HAHAHA...

Well that same fondness of pug noses seems to have escaped this 'I've got things to do, places to go and miles before I sleep' adult!

Today must have been the wrath of the pug noses...I hope they stop attacking me soon.

2 comments:

  1. hehe, flash from the past.
    For some reason I thought it was fun to stick them on my nose.
    Kids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes I wish I were a kid again...no worries and lots of boring fun. Happy to see we were not the only ones that put the pug noses on our noses LOL.

    ReplyDelete

And your thoughts????