Friday, April 30, 2010

End of April Already?

Can it be? Today is April 30th, the final day of April 2010 already? Tomorrow is May Day.

I love the month of May but egad, I can hardly remember April at all. February and March were spent shoveling; January flew by as I was busy at work and home.

May flowers make me happy. I have to get out to the nursery and pick out my plants. Decisions, decisions what color scheme this year?

I like to spend one day prepping all my flower gardens, turning over the soil with my hands, planting my annuals among my perennials, mulching where needed, transplanting and splitting the perennials that have overgrown. After this work, I love to be able to sit back, drink a glass of iced tea and reap the rewards of my labor. The idea is to enjoy this for the next few months with as little upkeep as possible. Flower gardens are grand!

This year, I am expanding my flower garden and going to pay attention to the back yard too, where I hope to be able to enjoy summer dinners more this year than last year. Love to Bar-b-que. Already got the garden bridge purchased and built, now the river rock dry bed has to be moved and laid out to accommodate the bridge. I may even do a 'secret' garden spot where I can hide and read. Ah, the possibilities are endless.

They say April showers bring May flowers but April, if I recall, was a fairly sunny month. Here's hoping May is not full of showers and if it is, may they be showers of EMERALDS, because May emeralds make me happy too!


Au revoire April, move on out...my birthday month is rolling in!

1 comment:

And your thoughts????