Saturday, March 26, 2016

A Week Spent In A Cell In Detox...

and he returned home.

Luckily, this past 'Good Friday' I was working from home when to my surprise, my son entered our home.

What are you doing here?  I thought they put you away again.

He was placed in a cell to go through detox.  (And I just read an article about how people are dying while incarcerated going through detox. (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/inmates-heroin_us_56966f64e4b09dbb4bad6ab6).  Not good, not good.

He called his PO to let him know he was at his house, not at the prison.  See, the PO was supposed to be at the prison to pick him up.

We had quite the lively conversation about his being sent away.  Net/net, he said he'd leave and take care of my not having to worry anymore.

I asked the PO if when I brought him down to their office, I could speak to him.

Long story short, the PO changed his mind on where my son was to go.  Instead of a 60 - 90 day half-way house, he would be placed in a Inpatient Treatment Center in the city.  Not lock down but there would be about a 5 day black out period, which is standard for treatment facilities from my past experience.

And so it goes...

6 comments:

  1. Thank you Al, but I don't think luck alone will work... I will need prayers, lots of them. The power of prayer can be amazing. Thanks for your comment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will pray for your son's recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. alparker0467 at gmail

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice talking to you today
    alstein0527 at gmail ;)

    ReplyDelete

And your thoughts????