Saturday, October 4, 2014

So Much Has Happened...

It's been awhile since I sat and tried to gather my thoughts and so much has happened.

Last post found hubby in hospital... he's home now.  Off all oral opiates and we're adjusting to life with pain.  He's had a treatment since arriving back home and so far so good.  He's had a few bad days but mostly good.

Another new happening, my mother has decided to move in with us full time.  It simply wasn't working at my sister's place.  We're on the contractor's radar to replace the other half of the house's windows and to drywall the room that mom will eventually live in and call her own.  For now, it's the girls' old room with plenty of girls' belongings to get out of there.

I know it will get done and be beautiful, I've been pondering design ideas and running different themes in my head.  Mom wants yellow (happy) walls... but the rest is up to me.  Tossing around a few ideas... yellow, black, gray and white  or yellow, green, blue  or yellow, red, rose... hmmm not quite sure but I have the yellow I want and thinking lightest sky blue ceiling.









It's been tough already dealing with the personalities and age differences.  Hubby thinks he's being helpful but the approach is all wrong and it comes off as overbearing and bossy.  I have asked him to have patience.

I see the same things that mom does that 'sets' him off, however, I just do the corrective action and hope one day it will click with mom and she'll catch on... i.e. we always close the toilet seat after each use.  Mom apparently likes to leave the seat up.  No big deal, I just place the seat top down when I see it's been left up.  Hubby feels the need to tell her to put it down when she's done then tell me that he had to tell her to do this.... and then he finds it up again... and has to tell me.

Again, patience with mom.  She's aging and we have to be as patient with her as we are with the grandkids... and stop 'telling' her how to do it all the time.

Oh well, life has it's challenges and life with mom as she ages will continue to do be challenging but I have the utmost respect and love for her and I plan to make the best of the time I have with her... thank you God for the great sense of humor to help me deal with the happenings that present themselves to me.

More about mom to be written on my other blog, which I've neglected as well, It's Always ApPARENT!

Till next time, enjoy the fall colors, weather and season.
~M

No comments:

Post a Comment

And your thoughts????