Tuesday, March 12, 2013

The world has lost a wonderful, gentle man...

...and the entire community joins in the mourning.
Flag is flying at half mast in honor of this humble man.


Dad Mal, as my siblings and I affectionately have 
called him for years, left us mere earthlings and
joined God in heaven on Sunday morning.

He has a special place in my heart.
I considered him my second father.
He always asked my about my son and
always told me he had him in his daily prayers,
always.

I am sad.
I know I am being selfish because
Dad Mal is in a far better place and happy as a lark.
I am sad for many reasons, however, 
I feel like I have lost my champion, 
the one person who, no matter what,
kept my troubled son in his prayers.
I certainly hope, 
when he went knocking on the pearly gates
and saw St. Peter, that
he took his intentions along with him
and personally delivered them to
God and God listened and understood.

He was loved by all who knew him,
from the old dawgs at the VFW,
to the young whipper snappers in the town politics,
to the youngsters at the grade school,
this 85 year young man lived a full, active and
complete life.

Married for over 61 years to Ma Mal, 
they had 8 children.

Our families are as close to being family without 
being blood relatives and my family will miss 
him dearly.

Rest In Peace Dad Mal, 
You will always be alive as 
long as I live as I carry you 
inside my heart.



May the road rise up to meet you, 
may the wind be ever at your back. 

May the sun shine warm upon your face 
and the rain fall softly on your fields. 
And until we meet again, 
May God hold you in the hollow of his hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment

And your thoughts????